It’s no secret that I love to look and feel my absolute best.
That’s why I was so excited to hop back on the Arbonne 30 Days to Healthy Living program after a weekend away. I didn’t go crazy, but after a few days of not-so-clean eating I felt like a blah blob.
The Arbonne 30 Days to Healthy Living program is designed to help me clean-up my diet and make great choices. It includes at least one shake per day. I opt to make mine for breakfast. This helps me start my day off on the right foot.
The program is about doing right for your body. I’m not starving myself. Just the opposite. Which is why I turn my shake into a meal. It’s a simple way to get in all of the goodies my body needs: protein, vitamins, minerals, etc. Here’s a peek at what’s in my morning shake these days.
Almond milk: no dairy for me! I use almond milk, ice, and water to help smooth out my shakes. Protein supplement: Protein is required for all bodily repair functions, including muscle building. Taking in enough protein is vital because some components of protein cannot be produced by our bodies. That means we must get them from food sources.
Vitamin and mineral powder: Powdered vitamins and minerals are easier for your body to absorb than supplements that come in tablet or capsule form.
Greens: They’re some of the most nutrient dense veggies around!
Skin support supplement
- Biotin: supports the creation of keratin, which is important for healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Vitamin C: supports collagen production, also important for healthy hair, nails and skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid: important for skin repair and regeneration.
Mind support supplement
- CoQ-10: antioxidant, protects nerve cells from damage.
- Phosphatidylserine: key component nerve cell membranes
Debbi’s Favorite Summer Inspired Smoothie:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach (I freeze the spinach first)
- 2 scoops Arbonne Vanilla or Chocolate Protein Shake Mix
- 1 scoop Arbonne Multi-blend Vitamin and Mineral Boost
- 1 packet Arbonne Skin Elixir
- 1 packet Arbonne Mind Health Elixir
- Sprinkle of chia seeds
- Sprinkle of cacao nibs for texture
Toss it all into your blender and let ‘er rip!
And you know I love videos, so I discuss all of this and more here! :)
What’s in your favorite breakfast smoothie?